Saturday, February 16, 2008

Pro-Life or Pro-Choice?

During the June 5th, 2007 CNN debates, former Governor Mike Huckabee was asked, “What is the most pressing moral issue of our day?” He responded by saying, “If you define in a moral issue, it is our respect, our value and our understanding of the value of every single human life.” I concur.

In Deuteronomy 30:19 the Lord says, “This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live.”

It’s shocking to think that in the 21st century we live in a nation that kills innocent babies. To put it in perspective, more babies have been murdered by abortion in America than soldiers killed in all the wars we have fought in. People in our country express outrage concerning the death of American soldiers, they express outrage over dog fighting, and people can go to jail for breaking an eagle’s egg. Where is the indignation over the murdering of human babies?

How can we allow this atrocity to continue in America? In this blog, I will focus on the deceptive thinking that leads to what I believe are the two main reasons we choose to abort babies instead of birth them.

First, we have bought into the lie that life does not begin until the baby is outside the womb. When, where and with whom does life begin? Jeremiah 1:4-5 says, “The word of the Lord came to me, saying, ‘Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart.’” According to this passage of scripture, all life begins in the heart and mind of our Creator—God.

With the advancement of modern day technology, ultrasound machines produce sonogram images that show the reality of life in the womb. These machines have literally been a life saver. Ninety percent of ladies considering an abortion choose life after viewing their baby in their womb and hearing its little heart beat. They are also fascinated to see their babies moving in the womb as the respond to different stimuli.

Even in the scientific community, life has been defined as beginning at the moment of conception. Dr. Hymie Gordon, Chairman of the Department of Genetics at the Mayo Clinic, states, “By all the criteria of modern molecular biology, life is present from the moment of conception.”

A common response from people after touring the concentration camps of Nazi Germany where millions of Jews were brutally murdered is, “Why didn’t somebody do something?” One of the ways the Nazi’s justified their evil actions was by dehumanizing the Jewish people. They deluded the public conscience by disseminating propaganda that said people of Jewish descent were less than human.

Today, the same trend is happening in regard to the description of the embryo. Embryo, which literally means “that which grows” or “newly born” is no longer referred to as a human baby by abortionists. Like Nazi Germany, proponents of abortion dehumanize, and therefore promote abortion, by describing the embryo as a parasite.

Second, we have murdered innocent babies as a cover-up for our immorality, selfishness and lack of self-control. Motivated by convenience, abortion is the cruelest form of birth control. 95-98% of abortions are performed because we are a culture that wants our sexual rights without responsibility. When we act irresponsibly with our sexual behavior, it is blameless babies who suffer. Even if a woman was raped and became pregnant (which is rare and less than 1% of the cases), should the baby suffer for the father’s crime? Two wrongs do not make a right.

Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, is perhaps the best 20th century example of somebody influenced by the destructive power of spiritual deception. An admirer of Sanger wrote, “She had tried to dispel depression by sex, travel, Rosicrucianism (a cult), numerology – now she tried a new panacea, astrology,”

A confirmed adulteress who consistently and publicly supported “A woman’s right to destroy”, she become deeply involved with this man, Havelock Ellis. He was a modern-day false prophet who advocated a variety of bizarre sex practices supposing them to be keys to spiritual enlightment and power. For Margaret Sanger and her militantly, even religiously, promiscuous lifestyle, abortion became a necessary back-up for contraceptive failure.

It is my passion to witness the shedding of innocent blood stop in America. Proverbs 6:16 says, “There are six things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to Him.” The next verse (Proverbs 6:17) tells us that one of those things the Lord hates is the shedding of innocent blood. Nothing is more innocent than a baby in the womb of its mother.

Abraham Lincoln was president of our nation when America had a civil war over its number one moral issue of the day—slavery. He understood that God’s judgment would visit a nation that shed blood of innocent people. Lincoln’s second inaugural address, a month before his assassination in 1865, most clearly exhibits his belief in the justice of God.

“Fondly do we hope—fervently do we pray—that this mighty scourge of war might speedily pass away,” Lincoln said. “Yet if God wills that it continue, until all the wealth piled by the bond-man’s two hundred years of unrequited toil shall be sunk, and until every drop of blood drawn with the lash, shall be paid with another drawn with the sword, as was said three thousand years ago so still it must be said, ‘the judgments of the Lord, are true and righteous altogether.’”

I am tired of our kids shooting one another in our schools. I am tired of our news channels reporting on brutal murders nightly. I am tired of the fear that resonates in so many American’s hearts over the threat of terrorism on our own soil.

Let’s learn from history and reverse the curse on a nation that results from the shedding of innocent blood. It is my prayer that no more blood in America would have to be shed because of abortion. It is my prayer that America would be a peaceful and prosperous nation again.

It is also my prayer that America’s massacre of innocence will not result in future generations asking the question, “Why didn’t somebody do something?”

If you or someone you know is considering an abortion, please contact the Pregnancy Help and Information Center (222-7177). They are wonderful people who will treat you like family and help you make the best decision of your life by choosing life. Also, please consider attending Every Nation Tallahassee. We would love to help you raise your child in God's will for their life. God bless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very well said, Pastor Ron. =)

Anonymous said...

Ron, I know that I am leaving a comment on an older blog. However I wanted to let you know how much this blog effected me. I read this blog back in Feb 2008 and became angry. I was a pro choice supporter mainly because I had an abortion when I was 21. I focused on the words kill and murder in your blog and it really stirred me up. That anger was the beginning of Christ changing my heart. I have learned that just because I sinned all those years ago did not mean I was forced to stay on the pro-choice side. I have been washed clean by His grace. I now have changed my views and I believe that it is His will for me to use my story to help and support others to choose life. Thanks for your time and your honest and Godly blog. I have started a blog myself (mewalkingfaithfully.blogspot.com). God Bless you.
P.S. we went to High school together years ago.