Tuesday, January 06, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

As I prepare for the New Year, I always like to set goals for my life. Listed below are my goals for 2009. I have intentionally tried to keep them simple because I want to better live life from the inside out, instead, of always trying to add more activities to my already overcrowded agenda.

(1) I want to know Christ Jesus better.

In Philippians 3:8 Apostle Paul wrote, “What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord.” Apostle Paul didn’t rely on his past knowledge or experiences to carry him forward in his walk with the Lord. He had a burning desire to know Jesus in a new and living way. I am making this my main prayer for 2009.

(2) I want to make Christ Jesus better known through my life.

In 1 Timothy 15-16 Apostle Paul wrote, “Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. (16) But for this reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life.” As a man who also feels he was the worst of sinners, I am so thankful God was patient with me and extended to me His mercy. Now, even more, I want my life to be a reflection of his love, grace and mercy to others.

(3) I want to run a mile in under six minutes on my 40th birthday on March 5th.

Zechariah 4:6 says, “’Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the Lord.”

In order for me to accomplish this goal, there will have to be divine intervention.

Remember, as you enter into 2009, make sure you leave the old behind and grab a hold of the new things God wants to do in your life.

What are your goals for 2009? I would love to read them!

No comments: