Sunday, October 18, 2009

Faithfulness: A Requirement for Godly Service


Apostle Paul is a man who became a powerful disciple of Jesus Christ. As a disciple of Jesus, Apostle Paul was faithful. 1 Timothy 1:12 Apostle Paul writes, “I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me faithful, appointing me to his service.”

Apostle Paul also understood the importance of obeying the Lord’s command to make disciples, and invested his life into his spiritual son Timothy. Why did he choose Timothy to carry on his mission of spreading the gospel of Christ after his death? We find the answer in Philippians 2:19-21. It says, “19I hope in the Lord Jesus to send Timothy to you soon, that I also may be cheered when I receive news about you. 20I have no one else like him, who takes a genuine interest in your welfare. 21For everyone looks out for his own interests, not those of Jesus Christ."

In the last letter of his life, facing certain death in prison, Apostle Paul reminds Timothy of the importance of making disciples. He instructed Timothy to find men who possessed a certain character trait. Can you guess which one Apostle Paul emphasized in 2 Timothy 2:2? It says, “And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable (faithful) men who will also be qualified to teach others.”

Faithfulness is a requirement for Godly service!

Would you consider yourself someone who has walked faithfully with the Lord as a Christ-follower?

1 comment:

william cody bateman said...

Could you please remove my image from this post. I am paying for your bandwidth. Thanks!

Cody