Sunday, August 30, 2009

Breasts and Protests

Near the end of The O’Reilly Factor, Bill O’Reilly has a portion of his show that he calls: “Pinheads and Patriots”. People who engage in unscrupulous behavior are labeled “pinheads”, while those who participate in conscientious principled activity earn the title “patriot” from the host. I usually agree with the decisions that are made on “The Factor” during this segment.

However, last week, Bill O’Reilly gave consideration to topless protestors for the “patriot” honor. Even though I value every American’s right to protest and speak their mind, I do believe people should conduct themselves with dignity when expressing their views. People do not always have to agree, but they should demonstrate respect for others while communicating their worldviews, thoughts and opinions.

Proverbs 5:1-2 says, “My son/daughter, pay attention to my wisdom, listen well to my words of insight, (2) that you may maintain discretion and your lips may preserve knowledge.”

A female who exposes her breasts while protesting is not practicing discretion.

I took the liberty to exercise my freedom of speech concerning this topic by sending The O’Reilly Factor Show a poem via email. Whether you agree or disagree with my sentiments, I hope you will enjoy and appreciate my rare moment of inspired creative poetic dictation. I tried to keep it pithy.

Hey Bill,

Since I love your show
I felt compelled to let you know

I respect a woman’s breast
And value our right to protest

But giving people a peek
While exercising your freedom to speak

Is not acting very discreet
During a rally on a public street

In the “no spin zone” it should be said
That such behavior will label you a “pinhead”

The Factor can find “Patriots” who are more true
In the land of the red, white and blue

Bill, I hope you understand my view
And know I’m just looking out for you

3 comments:

Dave Hess said...

LOL. Keep it up and maybe you can participate in the next ENT Engage poetry night!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you let Bill know how you felt ... and you did it in a creative way! Good for you... I totally agree with your sentiments and happy that a man spoke up about it.
CCG

portorikan said...

I think you and Jon should hook up and do some songwriting. :)

Good job.